In May 2014, Regional Story Review Teams will review submissions from their region and select 1 to 3 submissions to move on to the Story Development Phase. The selection process will be guided by our story selection criteria – in draft format below.
Your comments and suggestions regarding the following story selection criteria will help us to create the Final Story Selection Criteria.
Mandatory Minimum Criteria
- Co-creation of the submission by the evaluation commissioner (evaluation user) and a member of the evaluation team
- Contributors adhere to the process and timelines for story creation
- Consent to share the final evaluation story via the project’s online collection of evaluation stories, respecting any privacy concerns
- Submission meets the minimum acceptable rating on each of the rated criteria
- Evaluation quality (5 points): Evidence that the evaluation was carried out in an ethical way, that data collection was systematic and unbiased, and that the design was appropriate given the types of decisions being made.
- Impact (10 points): Description of how the use of evaluation findings contributed to positive changes, whether on clients, the organization, policy, culture etc. and that the changes were predominantly positive.
- Impact enablers (5 points): We are looking for your insights and reflections about factors that helped your evaluation to have more impact.
Your critical comments on the above criteria are most welcome.